From the left to the right:
- Rainer Hübner, temporary assistant
- Vivienne Drongowski, one year social service volunteer
- Inge Hübner, temporary assistant
- Sylvia Meyer, leader of parents/kids events
- Leonie Ley, one year federal service volunteer
- Doris Reichardt, manager of cafeimpuls
- Oliver Schalk, leader of children/youth events and evening programs
- Josephine Kail, leader of prayer team
- Mike Reichardt, finances/administration
- Beth Behling, leader of catering events
- Andrea Schalk, leader of housekeeping
- Kerstin Paulsen, leader of creative domains
(not in the picture)
This café is a project in cooperation with Christians of different denominations and the Marburger Kreis e.V. In this cultural neighborhood café, many volunteers are involved. It is financed by donations.
Here we speak about the God who revealed himself in Jesus Christ. Many people have experienced that this God lets himself be found and personally experienced today. Our guests, as well as our staff, believe, ask, doubt, hope, observe, try out and let themselves be encouraged and sometimes also challenged.
cafeimpuls offers an atmosphere, in which we meet each other on an equal footing, experience fellowship and are invited to raise issues and find answers for here and now. Come and see
In 1991, a big room was rented and fitted out as a cafe in the building at the backyard of Breite Straße 49 in Berlin-Pankow. At first, the backyard was a rather dark place. It was only a few years later that the building was refurbished2.
In 1999, the cafe was able to rent another room. This space was urgently needed for groups of children, teenagers and other projects.
In 2006, the cafe was enlarged through a third room, which today serves as main function room4. The old entrance1 was replaced with a new entrance in the front and painted in orange with the cafe logo3.
In 2010, the last big construction work finally brought the long-desired professional kitchen5. This doesn’t only please the public health office :)